Re: [stella] Qb: v1.00 (alpha #1)

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: v1.00 (alpha #1)
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 08:38:09 +1100
Thanks Thomas, for your suggestions.

> After you and Manuel did a lot of optimizations this might come to late:
>
> Replace:
>         lda level
[snip/snip]

I changed this one to...

        inc level
        lda level
        and #%11111
        bne Unchange
        dec level
Unchange

[-11 bytes]

It now counts to 31 instead of 30, but that's OK.

> Replace (if x is available):
>         lda SWCHA               ; joystick
[snip/snip]

Thanks, that's one I hadn't done.

> Replace:
>         lda (AI_Vector),y
>         sta AI_Jump
[snip/snip]

> I haven't checked this! I think you have to correct the vector-addresses.

You do, as the return address points to the last byte of the instruction
doing the JSR... but that's easy to do.   I was aware of this optimisation,
and now I'm after bytes... a good idea.

Thanks for the optimisations.   I guess I should post the new source code
soon, to save you guys working with old code.

Cheers
see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v

-