Re: [stella] Trick12

Subject: Re: [stella] Trick12
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:51:44 +0100
> As far as I understand the monochrome version, it's not
> capable of disabling individual sprites. So Trick12
> might help here and fantastic Erik's new routine does
> it even better!

Actually during the discussion of the 18 sprites trick I posted
a demo called extra18.bin. It works pretty much like your code,
but instead of using the playfield graphics for a second sprite
colour I use it to hide the individual sprites. The demo shows
18 5-pixel wide sprites which you can hide/show by moving the
joystick left and right. Although the demo doesn't show it too
well, you can turn on/off each of the 18 sprites individually.
I'm not sure if I posted the source code back then, but if anyone
needs it, I can try to find it again.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-