Re: [stella] Trick12 - inv3.bin

Subject: Re: [stella] Trick12 - inv3.bin
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:37:19 +0100
Erik Mooney wrote:
> That may work for the invaders routine.  Although, the invaders one
> actually draws 15 players - think of it as 15 cells across the playfield,
> of which 11 consecutive are occupied.  If the 12-player multi-color one
> can be modified to start at different positions, it could certainly be
> used that way.

I think, my routine isn't very usable for that kind of games. The other tricks work a lot better there.

The positioning isn't easy, because with RESPx the sprites get positioned in intervalls of 3 pixel, the playfield resolution is 4 pixel AND there have to be three *exact* timed writes (2xCOLUBK and the scecond write to PF2, when using reflected playfield). All this makes free positioning at least very complex if not totally impossible, I haven't tried this yet.

The only advantage of Trick12 is, that you can use two colors which are different from the background for the sprites. If you make one of the colors like the background color, the advantage is gone.

So this trick seems to be only useful for veeery special situations :(
Like mine :)

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |