Re: [stella] Changing the color of a playfield register

Subject: Re: [stella] Changing the color of a playfield register
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 15:27:43 +0200
Hi Dennis!

> Has anyone done or is it possible to change the color of a playfield
> register?  For example I would want D7 and D6 of PF1 to be red and D5
> and D4 of PF1 to be yellow.  Would this be a difficult kernal?  Could

Unfortunately it wouldn't be difficult, but impossible. Since D7/D6
would be 16 Pixels, which is not dividable by 3, so you could never
exactly match the color change on both ends.

Besides there's another limitation, you can do a colour change only in
intervals of 9, 12, 15 or more  pixels, since even a sequence of

STA COLUPF
STY COLUPF
STX COLUPF

would produce something like this:

<9 pixels color A><9 pixels color Y><9 pixels color X>

and then you'd run out of registers...

> someone (if they have done it before) send an example of this being
> done?  I would greatly appreciate this.

I think Andrew did toyed around with things like that and Robs
Ballblazer attempt should've been something similar too.

Greetings,

-