[stella] tangent: Supercharger vs. CV

Subject: [stella] tangent: Supercharger vs. CV
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:20:09 -0400
At 09:09 AM 4/25/01 -0400, I wrote:
>Yeah, by the time the Supercharger came out I had a Colecovision.  I never
>even saw a Supercharger in any store.

Let me just add here that by and large, I think the Supercharger games are
better than most Colecovision games.  This is mainly because the
Supercharger had programmers behind it who were already versed in
optimizing for the 2600, whereas most games released for the Colecovision
seemed to be knocked off fairly quickly.

Even if you compare Supercharger Frogger with Colecovision Frogger though,
I think Supercharger Frogger is more playable and even looks better (better
colors or something.)  This is especially ironic considering the CV had the
same processor as arcade Frogger and should have been able to reuse more of
the code.

Rob

-