Re: [stella] Emulating the SC
Subject: Re: [stella] Emulating the SC|
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 20:28:09 -0700
At 08:07 PM 5/8/2001 -0400, you wrote:
Out of curiosity (and please forgive my laziness), what emulators fully
support the SC? That is, allow you to write to all the RAM addresses the SC
supports, invoke multiloads, etc? Essentially the SC is one giant stick o'
RAM once you get a load in, right? Every address is up for grabs?
I don't think you can address all 6K at once linearly because the 2600
prevents that. I think you only have access to two of the three 2K banks
at a time but you should be able to shuffle them as you like just as any
banked ROM does, but with the added plus of being able to write back to any
of that memory (which we know comes in very handy for things like
self-modifying code or pseudo bitmaps).
Also, I believe that with multiloads you can decide where and how much RAM
you want to overwrite, down to individual 256 byte chunks, right?
Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/
Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/
- [stella] Forget "Slashdotted", try "Stellalisted", (continued)
- Ruffin Bailey - Tue, 8 May 2001 08:35:06 -0400 (EDT)
- slapdash - Tue, 8 May 2001 11:24:47 -0400 (EDT)
- slapdash - Tue, 8 May 2001 15:57:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Ruffin Bailey - Tue, 8 May 2001 19:59:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Glenn Saunders - Tue, 8 May 2001 23:23:36 -0400 (EDT) <=
- Erik Mooney - Wed, 9 May 2001 00:05:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Eckhard Stolberg - Wed, 9 May 2001 08:57:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Tempest - Wed, 9 May 2001 19:57:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Manuel Polik - Fri, 11 May 2001 11:35:54 -0400 (EDT)