Re: [stella] Emulating the SC

Subject: Re: [stella] Emulating the SC
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 20:28:09 -0700
At 08:07 PM 5/8/2001 -0400, you wrote:

Out of curiosity (and please forgive my laziness), what emulators fully
support the SC?  That is, allow you to write to all the RAM addresses the SC
supports, invoke multiloads, etc?  Essentially the SC is one giant stick o'
RAM once you get a load in, right?  Every address is up for grabs?

I don't think you can address all 6K at once linearly because the 2600 prevents that. I think you only have access to two of the three 2K banks at a time but you should be able to shuffle them as you like just as any banked ROM does, but with the added plus of being able to write back to any of that memory (which we know comes in very handy for things like self-modifying code or pseudo bitmaps).

Also, I believe that with multiloads you can decide where and how much RAM you want to overwrite, down to individual 256 byte chunks, right?

-