Re: [stella] SCSIcide 0.06 (playable!)

Subject: Re: [stella] SCSIcide 0.06 (playable!)
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 09:27:46 +0200
Hi Joe!

> 1) Do you think having all those colors is confusing? Should I just make
> all the bits the same color (e.g. blue) and just have the next data bit to
> read be another color? That would solve the issue of different TVs showing
> different color types..

No, keep all the colors. I'd suggest blinking the one you are to read
next. Wouldn't even cost RAM I think :-)

> 2) I'm thinking that the "hard drive" concept is too confusing? I am a big
> track & field (running) fan, so I'm thinking of turning the drive head into
> a little runner and have the data bits be water jumps and hurdles and have
> "treasure" of some sort.. Might be a little more fun? The latency buffer
> could turn into an "energy" buffer. The bit counter on the right could just
> count the number of treasure pieces the little guy picks up?

Again no, the harddrive simulation idea is very original. If promoting
the game outside, I'd just explain the rules in a less technical depth.
I mean, I started gaming/computer stuff some 20 years ago and yet don't
have the slightest clue what a "latency buffer" is :-)

> Thanks again for the response. I have a few hours tommorrow to crank some
> more of this out and I was waiting for some comments before I worked on
> more. Looks like getting the paddle working and moving to a TV or z26
> environment are the biggest steps..

Again for the graphical jumps in the onscreen display, check not only
the kernel, but the 'setpos' method your're using, too. Place an ORG
FX00 before it and see if the problems disappear.

Greetings,
	Manuel

-