Re: [stella] Screensaver mode (was: Help (Timing problems?))

Subject: Re: [stella] Screensaver mode (was: Help (Timing problems?))
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 21:14:37 +1000
> The difference between the coding of Qb and Starmaster is the number of
used bytes.

For the record, attract mode in Qb takes up exactly 18 bytes.
Relevant code is surrounded by IF ATTRACT_MODE in the source on the Qb page.
So, those interested can see the actual code themselves.

Also, a demo mode (auto play) is encoded in 18 bytes more.  All-up, attract
and demo are taking 36 bytes.  Personally, I think it adds enormously to the
feel and genuine-ness of a game.

On a side note, it is very pleasing to see the number of projects being
planned/worked on.  Anyone working on such projects interested in a 1:1
trade for a special edition of Qb (signed, colour box, numbered, CD with
in-development versions, full source code, etc., etc), please contact me
privately.  I'd be after a signed/possibly numbered cart in return.

Cheers

see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
Qb: the latest retro video game!                          L,~'  "\__/
http://www.atari2600.org/qb.html                              @--> v

-