Re: [stella] Starmaster disassembled

Subject: Re: [stella] Starmaster disassembled
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 17:36:39 +1000
> Watch your RAM, it is sooner gone than you might expect! You need at least
2 bytes for each star to store it's position and 3 bytes for each (visible)
enemy. In Thrust, I had to share a lots of bytes for different values, and
then it was getting hard not to get confused :)

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll probably KEEP saying it.
Use the overlay system I used in Qb to manage your variable reuse.  Its easy
to use, doesn't require you to remember what's used where, and works
brilliantly!  The overlay system took variables from a severe problem in Qb
to one of the lesser things I had to worry about.

Source code for Qb (and hence how to do variable overlays) are on the Qb
page, see my sig.

Cheers

see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
Qb: the latest retro video game!                          L,~'  "\__/
http://www.atari2600.org/qb.html                              @--> v

-