Re: [stella] Re: 2600's TIA & the TV Boy

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: 2600's TIA & the TV Boy
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:53:44 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Mark De Smet wrote:

> Chris, will you be publishing your thesis?

If I do the work, the point is in the publishing.

But I'm having what seems like a midlife crisis now (wow...I'm not
even 30 yet!), so I'm not sure I'll even be able to finish school,
let alone do this project.  I'll know more by next week.

Sorry so depressing...rough week. :P

Again, I can't publish as I go...something about using MIT resources and
non-refined disclosure...bunch of bureaucracy.  But this is a Master's
thesis, and it will be published.  Hopefully the writing will be high
calibur, technical/R&D stuff.  ;)  The idea is that someone should be
to read my thesis, and be able to make a TIA and explain how it works
to all of their friends.

> Well this would be the only way to make a truely _portable_ vcs.  Wether

That is the eventual goal.  Although the Thought Police (DMCA) have made it
rather scary to do so.  In part, or in whole...

> In any case, I for one would like to offer a note of encouragement, for
> both Chris, and Kevin.

Thanks.  It's much appreciated!  :)

-Chris

-