Aw: [stella] Comments on Gunfight

Subject: Aw: [stella] Comments on Gunfight
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:07:20 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Glenn!

> Manuel, do you think you could do a line-by line commentary on your
> Gunfight source between lines 80 through 165?  I'd really like to see
> exactly how you are juggling all the logic for when to display the sprites
> and doing the playfield rewrites at the same time.

I'll try to do that on tuesday or wednesday night.

But there's one thing I can say in advance: The whole thing just
evolved more or less in endless hours of try & error. I didn't
know anything about timing or other stuff and didn't care much
about it either. It just worked in the end :-)

Almost the only thing that is done on purpose is the second
PF write on cylce 46 (or 45?).

Probably if I had to do design it now from scratch on paper
first, I might come up with exactly the same kernel, but
it all was learning process I had to go through.

Now my next kernel will possibly only take 1/3 or less of the
time, because I now have a *feel* for doing it and _now_
I can sit down and design such a thing on paper. Before
I just had some very vague ideas and now I know what I want to
do in 2 lines and how to possibly achieve it :-)

Greetings,
     Manuel

Knaller, Schnäppchen & Specials finden Sie beim Nexgo-Shopping!
http://www.nexgo.de/c/pub/redir.php/shop1

-