Re: [stella] Syncing without WSYNC

Subject: Re: [stella] Syncing without WSYNC
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:07:06 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> >That's something I've always wondered about: NTSC (and PAL?) standard says
> >30 interlaced frames/second, but the 2600 (and the 800, and the commodores,
> >etc.) instead draw 60 frames, non-interlaced.. so why don't TV stations
> >switch into that mode during the weather section on the news? I haven't
>
> Probably because broadcast TV equipment is designed around interlaced video,
> and is very unforgiving.  If I feed a 2600's composite or Y/C signal
> directly into the video in on a BetaSP VCR, for instance, it will complain
> that there is no proper sync signal.

Hmm, I wonder how well a Hauppauge WinTV card handles the 2600's output...
I'd be happy enough with just the RF channel 3 signal (so I don't have to do
surgery on an Atari to get composite out).. The point being I've got a 21"
monitor in my bedroom, but no TV and no room for one. And 3 2600 consoles, one
of which is hooked up to the TV in the living room, the others are just lying
around... Once I get some sort of EPROM cart or whatever, I'll need a TV or
equivalent to display the real 2600 on... I was just sort of assuming my
TV card would be able to handle it, guess I'll try it when I get home.

B.

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?

-