[stella] Outlaw is driving me nuts / Coding fun with David Crane

Subject: [stella] Outlaw is driving me nuts / Coding fun with David Crane
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 17:24:12 +0200
Hi there!

I just continued biting my way through the Outlaw source.
Sometimes it gets so weird...
I'd even assume David Crane does stuff just to confuse poor
reverse-engineering guys like me... or is he just filling up the ROM
with useless instructions, once he's done with the game?

For example, what do you think about this:

LDY #$01
STY tempVar
TXA
EOR tempVar
TAY

Couldn't he just do

TXA
EOR #$01
TAY

as any normal coder would do?!?

Ok, I'm continuing now... only ~200 more strange lines and I'm done with
it...

I'll probably need another month or so till it's done: After some hours
with code like that I'm getting headaches...

Greetings,
	Manuel

-