Re: Re: [stella] Bit flip

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] Bit flip
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:04:31 +0200
Glenn wrote:
> To be more specific, I'm starting to think (getting ahead of myself, before
> I even have a working kernel) of how to translate an X/Y coordinate of a
> collision into a playfield bitmap RAM write.  Because the playfield
> registers are stored in alternating normal and reversed bit order I can't
> just write directly.  I need to potentially reverse the bit order before I
> OR it with the proper RAM location.

If I understand you correct, you are calculating that bit for the normal PF-registers, and THEN you decide, if you have to reverse it.
Why don't you calculate the values for the reversed PF-registers directly?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

IhrName@xxxxxx, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de