Re: [stella] How about 6800?

Subject: Re: [stella] How about 6800?
From: "Roger Williams" <mer02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:05:05 -0700
> I don't want to wast my money so I'm asking you if this book can be
useful.
> I think the 6800 is a 16 bit microprocessor but its instruction set is
very
> similar to the 6502's (at least the mnemonics), and there are 4 different
> books.

The 6800 is an 8-bit processor similar to the 6502, but not similar enough
be useful in Stella programming, where cycle counts and register usage must.
be tweaked exactly.  Here http://www.atarihq.com/danb/6502.html is a good
link to some online info about the 6502.  I wouldn't waste the time photo-
copying a book on the 6800 if it's the 6502 you're interested in.  Read the
book in the library to get a general drift of how .asm works, but study the
opcodes, register layouts, and code posted here to get a feel for the 6502.
Especially the indexing modes, which are *nothing* like the 6800.

--Roger Williams

-