[stella] TIA colorchart

Subject: [stella] TIA colorchart
From: "Glenn Saunders" <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:54:39 -0700
Here is a TIA colorchart as static HTML generated by Cold Fusion from an SQL table. The data came from Z26 screenshots in NTSC and PAL, and from the URL recently posted with the more accurate SECAM RGB values.

This is probably the best approximation, barring transcription errors. The actual values are tooltip rollovers. I think that only happens in IE, maybe NS6/Mozilla. Don't know.

I can generate different views from this data very quickly since it's dynamically generated. Ultimately I'm hoping the stelladoc v2 can be hosted off my gamedevelopers.net account so we can make easy cosmetic changes by iterating through tabular data like this via my database. To do charts like this as totally static HTML is way too time-consuming.

If my interpretation of the TIA color register bit-usage is off or there are any other errors, please let me know.

GLENN SAUNDERS===============================
By Day - Web Developer - http://www.eUniverse.com
Title: TIA Color Charts
NTSC TIA colors (128 unique colors)
HUE
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
0-1
2-3
4-5
6-7
8-9
A-B
C-D
E-F

PAL TIA colors (104 unique colors)
HUE
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
0-1
2-3
4-5
6-7
8-9
A-B
C-D
E-F

SECAM TIA colors (8 unique colors)
HUE
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
0-1
2-3
4-5
6-7
8-9
A-B
C-D
E-F

Queries

caller.get_color_count_ntsc (Records=128, Time=15ms)
SQL =
SELECT     distinct rgb_ntsc
	FROM       tiacolors

caller.get_colors (Records=128, Time=16ms)
SQL =
SELECT     *
	FROM         tiacolors
	ORDER BY lum, hue

caller.get_color_count_PAL (Records=104, Time=15ms)
SQL =
SELECT     distinct rgb_PAL
	FROM       tiacolors

caller.get_color_count_SECAM (Records=8, Time=0ms)
SQL =
SELECT     distinct rgb_SECAM
	FROM       tiacolors

Execution Time

375 milliseconds
343 msC:\CFUSION\CUSTOMTAGS\OUTPUT_TIA_COLORS.CFM
0 msC:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\DEVSITES\DEV001\APPLICATION.CFM
32 msC:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\DEVSITES\DEV001\TESTING\OUTPUT_COLORTABLE.CFM
0 msSTARTUP, PARSING, & SHUTDOWN

Parameters
CGI Variables:

AUTH_PASSWORD=
AUTH_TYPE=
AUTH_USER=
CERT_COOKIE=
CERT_FLAGS=
CERT_ISSUER=
CERT_KEYSIZE=
CERT_SECRETKEYSIZE=
CERT_SERIALNUMBER=
CERT_SERVER_ISSUER=
CERT_SERVER_SUBJECT=
CERT_SUBJECT=
CF_TEMPLATE_PATH=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DevSites\Dev001\testing\output_colortable.cfm
CONTENT_LENGTH=0
CONTENT_TYPE=
GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1
HTTP_ACCEPT=*/*
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING=gzip, deflate
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=en-us
HTTP_CONNECTION=Keep-Alive
HTTP_COOKIE=CFID=14; CFTOKEN=81774366; CPASSWORDPROVIDED=47185122724A00
HTTP_HOST=dev:8001
HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)
HTTPS=off
HTTPS_KEYSIZE=
HTTPS_SECRETKEYSIZE=
HTTPS_SERVER_ISSUER=
HTTPS_SERVER_SUBJECT=
PATH_INFO=/testing/output_colortable.cfm
PATH_TRANSLATED=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DevSites\Dev001\testing\output_colortable.cfm
QUERY_STRING=
REMOTE_ADDR=192.1.2.36
REMOTE_HOST=192.1.2.36
REMOTE_USER=
REQUEST_METHOD=GET
SCRIPT_NAME=/testing/output_colortable.cfm
SERVER_NAME=dev
SERVER_PORT=8001
SERVER_PORT_SECURE=0
SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.1