[stella] Your homebrew

Subject: [stella] Your homebrew
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:11:36 -0700
At 11:21 PM 9/25/2001 -0400, you wrote:

making little progress but i got longs ways to go . but i hope to have enough info my Xmas to start on my HomeBrew ( sometimes i wonder if i just did this in
<

You have to be patient. Most 2600 games took about six months to complete, and that was by experienced assembly programmers working full-time. Homebrews here typically take a lot longer because we're only working on it on and off during our spare time.

Going from BASIC to assembly is a big transition. It requires a very different way of thinking about code. That combined with the strict timing of the 2600 makes it very demanding. It's impossible to program the 2600 in a casual manner. You have to be very aware of everything you are doing while you debug.

-