Re: [stella] preliminary `how to use DASM' doc

Subject: Re: [stella] preliminary `how to use DASM' doc
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 12:02:49 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:

> > Hrmmm. Obfuscated 6502 assembly anyone? It's amazing what you find entertaining
> > when you're procrastinating...
>
> And I thought, *I* am mad ;-)

They called me mad... but I'll show them! I shall fulfill my destiny, as
Supreme Ruler of the Universe! Mwaahaha!

oh, sorry, got carried away for a minute there...

> Still, all your solutions have a little problem, because they always(?) start at the next page, even if the code is below the offset at the current page.
>
> Now let me try again:
> ORG [>[.+255-90]+90]
>
> So, this should result in:
> PC = $F980 -> F990
> PC = $F9A0 -> FA90

Close... looks like you want:

   org [>[.+255-90]*256+90]

try this:

(contents of .asm file):
   processor 6502

   org $F980
   echo ". is", .

   org [>[.+255-90]*256+90]
   echo ". is", .

   org $F9A0
   echo ". is", .

   org [>[.+255-90]*256+90]
   echo ". is", .

...assemble that, you should get:

$ dasm foo.asm -ofoo.bin -f3 -v3
DASM V2.12.04, high level Macro Assembler
(C)Copyright 1988 by Matthew Dillon, All Rights Reserved
Improvements (C)Copyright 1995 by Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert, All Rights Reserved
Include: foo.asm
 . is $f980
 . is $fa5a
 . is $f9a0
 . is $fa5a

...so it looks like it works if you add the *256

B.

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?

-