Re: [stella] Pitfall! disassembly

Subject: Re: [stella] Pitfall! disassembly
From: Jake Patterson <jpatters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 03:18:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:

> Hi,
> attached to this mail, you'll find my disassembly of Pitfall!

Wow!  That is cool.  Have you tried any different seeds for the LFSR?  I
just assembled it with $42 and $FE, and got completely unfamiler versions
of the game!  I also tried fooling around with some different values for
the jump length, but it was unusable.  The only one I could find that was
interesting was setting it to 20 instead of 32, one jump and you just
float above danger (and treasure) for screen upon screen...

I get an error with training mode enabled, unknown mnemonic: 'FILL_NOP'
I'm guessing the version of DASM I am using does not like the macro
definition.

Nice work, I will definately have to spend some time trying to wrap my
brain around the inner workings of that game...

-