Re: [stella] Pitfall! disassembly

Subject: Re: [stella] Pitfall! disassembly
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:10:00 +0200
At 21.28 10/10/01 +0100, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:

attached to this mail, you'll find my disassembly of Pitfall!

I can't find the words.. :)
Thomas, how do you do it? I mean, can you explain shortly the process of disassembling such a complex game? I've never done much disassembly work, but I feel that it could be more difficult than writing my own code.

Back to Pitfall!, it would be interesting to explore the alternative mazes generated by different choices of the seed for the LFSR.
Are some of them not playable? Too difficult? Too easy?
And it would be nice to ask David Crane how he choose the maze for the released version.
Also, now it shouldn't be difficult to write a program that, given a seed, and the rules "discovered" by Thomas' work, draws a Pitfall! map :-)

-- Chi usa MS Outlook avvelena anche te, digli di smettere. Ciao, \ _________________________ P. \ PGP public key available.

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/