Re: [stella] DASM feature request

Subject: Re: [stella] DASM feature request
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:04:57 +0200
> I find this a lot easier to read than 1s and 0s.  In this format, any
> non-dot character is a 1, and the dots are 0s.  I think some hex/sector
> editors can represent data similar to this.

If you are having troubles designing your sprites directly in the
DASM source code, you might like to try out my PCX2GRP converter
program. It's a simple DOS command line tool that takes PCX files
in a certain format and extracts the graphics data into a text file
that can be included into your DASM code. That way you can design
the sprites in your favourite paint program, arrange them so that
the converter can easily read them, and then use the results in your
game.

It's nothing special, but a bit easier then drawing them on paper
or writing them as binary numbers in the text editor. You can find
PCX2GRP at http://buerger.metropolis.de/estolberg/tools/ .

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-