Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Player data loading...semi newbie

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Player data loading...semi newbie
From: "Glenn Saunders" <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:14:53 -0700

since the skipdraw branch
is way faster than the drawing branch. In fact you'll
probably even have to add NOPs or .Ws in there, to match the
running times of both branches.

A problem I see is if you clear out GRPx within Skipdraw that you can't have the successful branch that stores graphics to GRP0 just naturally run through Skipdraw as it does in Thomas' example because the data that gets written to it will then get wiped out. So you have to add a JMP right after the data gets written to GRPx that skips over SkipDraw. This adds cycles to the LONG branch of the routine.

Depending on the timing of the kernel that may be make or break.

> You can always define them as macros... though that won't handle different
> addressing modes. When I get home, if I have time, I'll look at the source
> for DASM to see how hard it looks like it would be, to add opcodes. This
> would be a nice feature to have...

Thomas already did that long ago...

Oh... I wish people would start browsing the archive instead of
reinventing the wheel every half a year :-)

Greetings,
     Manuel

Mehr als 900.000 Angebote bei ebay!
http://www.nexgo.de/c/pub/redir.php/ebay1