Aw: Re: [stella] OT: Programming, CS theory

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] OT: Programming, CS theory
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:10:46 +0200 (CEST)
Hi!

> Which suggests you might be better off redesigning the whole thing.
> Commercial
> or theoretical doesn't matter, you ought to be shot for 200 line nested If
> statements.

Hehe. That's what I thought when I had to debug a source where
it had large sections of the file switched via #ifdef , #ifndef
statements - Across the whole file, valid for more than one function!
(You'll find that in MAME as well. AARGH!!!)

As for another topic in this thread: I think the sheer beautiness and style
of something simple like

bEqual = (a==b) ? true : false

is way better than forcing it by all means into a structure like

if(a==b)
{
    bEqual = true;
}
else
{
    bEqual = false;
}

Greetings,
     Manuel

Downloads von kostenlosen Vollversionen und Vorstellung von Heft-CDROMs!
 http://www.nexgo.de/c/pub/redir.php/voll1

-