Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Final Release Version

Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Final Release Version
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:37:07 +0100
Hi Glenn!

>Something is horribly wrong with the NTSC binary on
this one.  It freaks
>out when I load it on the Cuttle Cart.

Well... of course it wasn't intended to make the
existance of my anti-hacking-code known to the
public :-)

>BTW, I tried listening to the alternate music score you
posted a while back
>and if I had to choose, it would have to be the
original one.

Good to see that my ears are better
than Thomas' tool :-)

>But I still think that if you avoided certain notes in
the score, you could
>make it sound better, albeit less recognizable as Ring
of Fire.  The chorus
>definitely sounds good, because it's mostly intervals
that the 2600 can
>produce in tune.  It's the verse that has most of the
sour notes.

I promise a better sound for my next game.
(After all, this is my first music on the VCS)

I'll not only try to finally get a setup that allows me
hearing my music on the real thing, but I'm planing to
evolve the TSM sound driver almost half a generation
further. Thomas and I have quite some nice plans with
it.

Besides, being of course used for Star Fire, it
eventually needs to play parts of the Star Wars
Soundtrack :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel