Re: [stella] BAStella Language Reference V0.000000001

Subject: Re: [stella] BAStella Language Reference V0.000000001
From: "Roger Williams" <mer02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:48:33 -0800
> > OTOH I'm already thinking of having BAStella output a .bin that
> > displays an error message when an error occurs for this reason...
> > I could just have it output a compilable source (hell, it could be
> > composed of .byte statements.  Hmmmmm.)
>
> Maybe there should be an option for choosing between a .bin or an .asm
file? This would make it easier for new 'developers' to both run their
program and to see the source as they should make it if they really want to
learn something.

When the program compiles, I'm leaning toward providing both
at once, a .bin for testing and a dasm-compilable .lst whose
comments are the original .bas program, for those who want
to tweak in assembler.  Of course, getting it to compile anything
at all comes first.  I've been defining data structures, and yikes.
It's going to be quite a bit of work.

Still, if I was looking for easy projects I guess I wouldn't be
here...

--Roger Williams