RE: [stella] Warring Worms user interface

Subject: RE: [stella] Warring Worms user interface
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:54:49 +0100
Glenn wrote
> I disagree.  I remember missing the chosen game by one and having to start
> >over again.  I don't think it ever occured to me to power cycle the machine.
> >So I think having a wrap around is a very good thing from a user stand point.
>
> But perhaps not at the expense of a more important and well established
> function for select/reset.
>
> Backing up is accomplished via the joystick anyway--a good idea not
> implemented in the early days.
>
> All 2600 games I know of wrap around when you go past the final variation,
> but I don't think that's what you meant.

to be honest, I don't care very much about historic reasons. IMO a UI *must* be intuitive, that's all!

If it then matches the old standards, that's a nice bonus.

BTW: What about using the fire buttons in combination with SELECT and/or RESET do reset the counter (like CTRL-ALT-DEL :-), let him count backwards or choose a random game?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |