Re: [stella] DASM Commandline Parameters

Subject: Re: [stella] DASM Commandline Parameters
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:31:14 +0100
At 19.02.2002, 18:30, B. Watson wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>> - Is anyone here using -s / Is it useful for anything?

In some rare occasions, yes.

>> - Is anyone here using -p, -P  / Are they useful for anything?

With some rather complicated calculations with ORGs they were sometimes
useful. But I always where able to get rid of the necessity (I just have
learned that word from Glenns post :-).

> I use -D like so:

> # to build NTSC version:
> dasm mygame.asm -f3 -omygame.bin -v3

> # to build PAL version:
> dasm mygame.asm -f3 -omygame.bin -v3 -DPAL=1

> ...then inside mygame.asm:

>  ifconst PAL
>  RED=$xx ; whatever color is red in PAL
>  else
>  RED=$yy ; whatever color is red in NTSC
>  endif   ; or is it `end if' with a space? I forget

Me too!

>> Mine for example is: DASM x.s -f3 -ox.bin -lx.txt -v3

> That's about the same as I use, though I generally use .asm for the
> source filename and .lst for the -l output...

Debug:
dasm.exe x.asm -f3 -v3 -stest.sym -ltest.lst -otest.bin |more

Normal:
asm.exe x.asm -f3 -otest.bin

So Brian's setup is nearly identical to what I use. Although I'm
thinking about changing .asm into .a65, because then I can use extra
TextPad syntax coloring files for 620x and x86 assembler.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |