Re: [stella] You gotta try this...

Subject: Re: [stella] You gotta try this...
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:54:14 +0200
> There's still a perceivable delay in Combat (the program I'm testing
with).
> But it might be in the real game, played on an actual 2600.  Anyone able
> to verify this?

The sound effect in Combat last for a little while, and the bullet
is moving pretty quickly, so it might appear like a delay, even though
there really isn't one. Maybe you could try a different program. I'm
not sure if it was posted to the list, but on the "Stella gets a new
brain" CD is a sound tool called SoundX. It lets you select the values
for the TIA sound registers and plays/stops them when you press the
joystick button. There definately isn't a delay in this program,
so it might be better suited for your testing.

Thanks, Eckhard Stolberg