Re: [stella] J. Grand PCB help--I'm an idiot

Subject: Re: [stella] J. Grand PCB help--I'm an idiot
From: Joe Grand <jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 22:14:41 -0400
First of all, the components are aligned with pin 1 being the square pad, though you probably knew that. The front of the board for the components is the side with the "Rev A<cr>J. Grand 2001".

When you plug the board in, the chips should be facing away from you. If you have trouble with alignment for some reason, stick it back in the cart.

Other things wrong might be cold solder joints or other incorrect soldering techniques causing loose or no connections (believe me, I've seen some REALLY BAD soldering by homebrew people before :), improperly programmed EPROM, bad logic gate, etc. There's really not much that can go wrong on the board, considering how simple the design is..

Soon (I promise!) I'll have pictures and general assembly instructions on my website..

Joe
jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx