Re: [stella] Re: vcs.h

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: vcs.h
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:01:49 -0400
on 7/11/02 12:21 PM, John Saeger at john@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Freedom!!!!  But if there is going to be a committee, I'd like to be on it.
> It sounds like a lot of fun.  I like committees.  Lots of talk, and not too
> much action.  And there's always a troublemaker.  Always.  ;-)

By virtue of the fact that I've probably contributed the fewest bytes of
code per year of being subscribed to the list, I'm going to vote John not be
on the committee.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something
about that "troublemaker" line that makes me nervous.  :^)

Wrt the five character names, I don't think there's anything wrong with
keeping that limitation as long as we don't add more registers to the 2600
(har).  But I do feel your pain -- people keep trying to keep 8.3 names for
html files where I work, which has driven me crazy in my latest project
(basically a "madlib" that makes html for people without coding experience).
8.3 makes it a little tougher to ensure names of files that are both
meaningful *and* unique, and is just plain silly in principle.

Ruffin Bailey