Re: [stella] Robot City (alpha)

Subject: Re: [stella] Robot City (alpha)
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:02:53 +0200
At 12.08.02, 16:10, KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I don't have a lot of useful comments, but I wanted to point
> out how cool the little tanks look...

This is not my merit, they are an exact copy of the original Odyssey
graphics.

> I dunno, I kind of like the challenge of not getting too close
> maybe the shields themselves could take like 4 or 5 hits to go away

On my check list. :-)

> And I know it might be truer to an original in the current mode,
> but would it be cooler to have the main player be a tank as well?
> Or change the helicopter to an overhead view?

Hm, an overhead view wont be easy (because the helicopter graphics are
made by missiles. In the original, the player controls something that
looks like an ugly mixture between R2D2 and a helicopter. And that is
viewed from the side too.

> Or maybe (and I know I rely on this idea way too much) make
> the game easier in other ways, but then a bit harder by giving
> the copter a bit of inertia.  I'm thinking of something a little
> bit like omega race, though with out the "asteroids"-esque
> rotating/aiming.

You mean some accelerating when flying into a new direction? I'm afraid,
combined with the grid the helps steering the helicopter, that won't
work. But I'll check that idea too.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |