RE: [stella] Space Instigators - Final Version (?)

Subject: RE: [stella] Space Instigators - Final Version (?)
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:49:45 -0400

Eric wrote:
>Nope, this was with sp17.  You kernel sounds mucho complex.  Much worse
>than my unrolled & chunked kernel for Skeleton.  Hmm, could you be
>overrunning your VBLANK timer?  That would shift the screen down & add some
>scanlines.  I'll have to play with -v9 and see if I get more than 262
>lines.

Hmm, now I'm worried. I've run it on StellaX, Pcaewin and z26 (as well as a real console) and it seems fine. However,
I have just moved a bunch more code from the Vertical Sync into the Overscan. I had had this problem earlier, particularly
when the Saucer was onscreen in later stages of a level (It's more calcs to draw less Instigators), but moving Saucer
code into the Overscan seemed to solve it. Maybe I didn't quite move enough?

Anyway, I'll have the final-final posted in a bit...

Chris...