RE: [stella] Space Instigators - Final Version (?)

Subject: RE: [stella] Space Instigators - Final Version (?)
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 10:48:56 -0400
>   I didn´t really disassembled it, just used the PCAE debugger (a great
>debugging tool, by the way) to figure out why the screen wasn´t stable, I
>didn´t even tried to understand what the code was doing. You should give it
>a try, it´s very useful for game developers.

PCAEwin and StellaX do unpredictable, bad things to my system and I try to avoid them (huge swap files, messed up desktop and inevitable crashes) so I try to avoid them except for spot checking accross emus. Maybe if I can get PCAE DOS running...

>  Sure, I´ve used the latest bin. Here´s the Z26 log... a great logging
>tool, by the way ;-)

The one time I tried it, I wound up with an empty 0 byte log file (Mr. Hard Luck With Emus, that's me!)

>Have you tried to disable the sound before running the bin? Maybe that will
>fix it.

I'll try it.

>Looks like a bug to me. Probably it´s fixed in the version you´re using.

Well, the thing is that STA WSYNC is the first one in my loop that draws all the rows of Instigators. So it's a little unclear to me if the problem is only the first time through the loop or every time through the loop. My guess is the former as it's only adding one scanline and if it was the latter it would be adding 5. So I've added a NOP just before that STA WSYNC I believe that should be enough to ensure scanline 68.

I hope...

Chris...