[stella] Star Fire: Framework done!

Subject: [stella] Star Fire: Framework done!
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:26:46 +0100
Hi there!

Adding the last touches to all things visual, I now
completed the games framework.

It now starts with the title screen with some music
playing (sorry for the boring old tune, it's just a
dummy solution).

There the score is displayed (wether this'll be the just
last score or a real hiscore will depend on wether
there's 3 RAM bytes left in the end) and the starting
wave.

RESET should bring you back here from any screen.

Joytick left-right will de/increase the starting wave,
fire starts into the action.

Now, to simulate a completed level you can use SELECT to
switch to a transition screen between waves. This
displays either something like "Wave:XX" or "Meteors!"
on every 5th wave. "Fire" continues into the action
again.

My major focus on all this work was getting ultra-
smooth, non-jumpy constant 262 frame transitions between
these screens (and banks!) and proper organizing all my
variables into "Both banks" and "Bank specific".

The score digits are stolen from "Entombed" this time,
all other letters I painted myself with PSP, trying to
match the style Thomas used for "presents:" as good as
possible.

The source is now 50K+, so I'll ZIP it from now on.

Greetings,
	Manuel