RE: [stella] Climber5 prototype...comments???

Subject: RE: [stella] Climber5 prototype...comments???
From: Nicolás Olhaberry <nolh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 09:19:42 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
To: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 9:53 AM

> When you do this it would be nice, if you could run a little
RAM test program too. I'm curious to know how random the
RIOT RAM really is at power-up.

    I think I posted a message some time ago where I concluded (due to some
uninitilized variable) that the RAM has to start zeroed otherwise Combat
won't display the right colors. Also, unless you zeroe the RAM you can't
produce exactly the same "frying" effect that the real 2600 does.

    So, I'm very interested too in a confirmation of all this.

Bye,

    Nicolás.