Re: [stella] PAL Conversion Preferences

Subject: Re: [stella] PAL Conversion Preferences
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 07:56:07 +0100
Hi Christopher,

> Given that I'm not going to go through and make all my
> sprites 19% taller*, &etc should I just keep it at 262
> scanlines and let the TV handle the centering? I was
> just going to add blank scanlines before and after the
> real gamescreen to pad out to 312 scanlines. Is there
> a consensus as to the best way to go?

99,99% of PAL conversions are done like that. Only issue
I think can think of is to get the balance as to *where*
adding the additional scannlines, so that the picture is
good centered. I'm sure Eckhard can help you with
testing that.

(Though - don't go for any color suggestions from him -
pick the colors with Stella! :-) )

> *Should I? It'd be really tough to squeeze in the
> extra sprite data... Will it really look squished on a
> PAL tv?

Hm... it probably will look *exactly* the same. I think
if you add those 19%, they will rather look *stretched*
for us... :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel