Re: [stella] ROM image classifications

Subject: Re: [stella] ROM image classifications
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 00:16:34 -0800
Adam Wozniak wrote:

> I have a large collection.  I have a short perl script which converted
> over a thousand images on my drive to XML in a few seconds, grabbing
> data from stella.pro...

Perl's great isn't it?  So presumably when the powers that be come up with
their list of lists, you could easily package rom images.

It's O.K. with me to have a database somewhere, but I like the idea of the
information going along with the game.  Once somebody's gone to the trouble
of downloading a rom image packaged with information on how to run it,
they're done.  No more work.  Nothing else to go wrong.  Nothing else to
update.  Simplicity is a wonderful thing.

John