Re: [stella] Mortal Kurling!

Subject: Re: [stella] Mortal Kurling!
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 21:25:57 -0500
>What the heck are those missile-like things when the game first powers up?!
>They only went about halfway across the screen and then disappeared.  :)

Just working out some "enemy sprites" I didn't bother to yank out.

>And is this game based on another, or somehow related to that weird Curling
>sport I've heard of before?

It's a joke, son, I say it's a joke*. That boy's about as sharp as a sack full of wet mice....

(It's a running gag from the Rubix thread where I said I was going back to working on my Curling sim... )

It is (or will be) a horizontal scrolling shooter along the lines of R-Type, Gradius, Salamander/Lifeforce, Silkworm, etc...

Chris...

*Though a 2600 curling game that yells a digitised "SWEEP! SWEEP!" is such a crazy idea, I might just have to do it...