Re: [stella] RE: Illegal opcodes...another question

Subject: Re: [stella] RE: Illegal opcodes...another question
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 00:54:50 -0800
At 09:34 AM 1/14/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Apparently, I'm the only one here that doesn't get it

Probably you are just the only one who tried and doesn't get it. ;-)

That's one of the few parts of the kernel that I do get, well everything except VDEL. That's where I got lost. None of my VDEL experiments seemed to have the expected result. Whatever happened I couldn't set up a single kernel that would work in all vertical positioning cases. The cars always moved in 2-scanline jumps or they would be stuck together one scanline apart but not positionable at the same scanline. After Thomas tried to explain it to me at least three times I had to give up because I just didn't have the time to test-bench it long enough to figure out what I was doing wrong to reach that "eureka" moment.