Re: [stella] Assymetrical Maze 2LK... help?

Subject: Re: [stella] Assymetrical Maze 2LK... help?
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:03:03 +0100
Jason wrote:
> I've spent a few hours on it now, and I have come to a point of frustration
> with the assymetrical playfield and a 2LK... I've dug through the DIG and
> the Stella list archives and I cannot find any info on how to keep the
> second playfield writes from bleeding onto the first on the second line...

Hm, as always exact cycle counts would have helped a lot, but anyway...

The problem of your kernel is, that some of the writes (PF1/2) for the right
half of the PF come too early.

Here are the timings (directly copied from my Thrust kernel):

Left:
  PF0: z <= 22
  PF1: z <= 27
  PF2: z <= 38

Right:
  PF0: 28 <= z <= 49
  PF1: 38 <= z <= 54
  PF2: 49 <= z <= 65

I'm not sure if the cycles are 100% exact (IIRC right PF2 can start from 48), but
they should give you an idea.

> Any insights or common knowledge and sarcasm would be appreciated.  No
> public berating could be too harsh.. ;)

I hope that's what you've asked for. ;-)

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

ASCII-Bilder und SMS-Sprueche bei WEB.DE FreeMail - auswaehlen, einfuegen
und versenden! http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021168