Re: [stella] Assymetrical Maze 2LK... help?

Subject: Re: [stella] Assymetrical Maze 2LK... help?
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:13:28 -0500
> Thanks for the clarification., Dennis.

I like to help where I can ;)

> I am only drawing the playfield every other line.. is it possible that is my
> problem?  If I have to write the playfield every scanline, this is going to
> be very tight...

If you only draw the playfield every other line the right PF data will still be resident in the PF registers for the next scanline. So you should see your right PF data on the even lines and your correct data (or your desired results) on the odd lines (or vice versa). For an asymetrical playfield you're going to have to update the PF registers each scanline.

Take care,
Dennis