Re: [stella] Missile Graphic only on for one line

Subject: Re: [stella] Missile Graphic only on for one line
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:54:48 -0500
Hi Adam,

> Well here's my first attempt at something on the 2600, but I ran into a
> teeny problem. My missile graphic only seems to stay on for 1 scanline, but
> after several rehashes I'm still stuck on the one scanline. I'm not sure if
> there's something fundamental I'm missing about how the missile works.

If I understand you correctly you're expecting to the missile graphic to continue down the screen. If that's the case then it would be because you're setting RESMP0 to #$02. When you turn on bit 1 (i.e. #%00000010) then the missile will be locked to the center of it's corresponding player and also be disabled. If you use #$00 then the missile can move independently of it's player and it will also be enabled.

Disregard all of this if this is not what you meant ;)

Take care,
Dennis