Re: [stella] RPG Kernal

Subject: Re: [stella] RPG Kernal
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 20:29:18 +0200
Hi Paul!

> See what you guys think and if you have any
> suggestions.

Hm... at the moment I'm not sure wether I like this
graphical approach or not (same with most of the Boulder
Dash demos, BTW :-))

I'm undecided wether the pros (10x10 tiled graphics) win
over the cons (small area, constant flicker on
everything)

Do you think this way really wins over, lets say doing a
screen rather like "Commando", or like Erik Mooneys
demo?

I know, you're probably way more flexible with tiles,
but it's no beauty...

Just thought to say that right now in this early
stage...

I don't say it sucks, I just feel it might not be the
*best* of solutions. Well, depends on the game design
too, of course. You said turn based, right? That
certainly encourages tiles...

Hm... just thoughts, I hope it doesn't sound too
disencouraging...

Greetings,
	Manuel