Re: [stella] Parker Brother's E0 Bankswitching

Subject: Re: [stella] Parker Brother's E0 Bankswitching
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 15:30:24 +0200
At 25.04.03, 18:44, Joe Grand wrote:
> OK, thanks for clarifying. This makes sense now. :)

Maybe this helps a little bit too:

I am currently having a closer look at a 8K Parker game. While it is
theoretically possible to map a slice into different segments, this
would NOT work with code (absolute addresses!).

Here is the mapping of the ROM:

segment #0: slices 0, 3 and 4
segment #1: slices 1 and 5
segment #2: slices 2 and 6

So NO slice is ever mapped to different segments!

BTW: I checking if it is possible to convert the ROM into standard
bankswitching (maybe by using more ROM). This seems to become a quite
tough job, so if anybody has a good idea, please contact me.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |