[stella] Understanding DASM

Subject: [stella] Understanding DASM
From: Aaron Bergstrom <Aaron.Bergstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 19:18:28 -0500
I've been trying to figure out to program for bankswitching in DASM.
I've read through the "Size.txt" file, and looked up Manuel's
bankswitching template in the Stella archives. In the template I saw
codes I'm not familiar with such as "SEG.U" and "RORG".

So I went looking for the documentation to DASM (the explaination about why I didn't do this earlier makes me sound like the idiot I am so I'll skip it). ...and guess what... there I found an explanation of the codes.

Though I'm sure the DASM documenation is well written, I have found the the code explanations rather confusing. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a book that can explain concepts such as segments, relocated origins, and declared data to a novice. In other words, is there a "DASM for Dummies" type book out there?

Thanks,

Aaron
--
Aaron.Bergstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx