Re: [stella] MARIA - calling all 7800 programmers

Subject: Re: [stella] MARIA - calling all 7800 programmers
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:44:02 -0400
>Over on the AtariAge forums there has been a growing interest in 7800
>programming.  As suggested by Eckhard Stolberg, I'd like to suggest adding
>7800 programming to the Stella mailing list.  Comments?

While this mailing list is not so busy the added traffic would be a problem, my big objection would be the archives. The ability to search through the Stella list archives is a tremendous tool. However, the search doesn't support a Boolean NOT so isolating for hardware specific posts would be a problem. Even if it does sometime in the future, it's still probably going to lead to that type of problem (Threads where 2600 or 7800 is only implied and not stated explicitly. And consider all posts to date as 2600 posts, but few of them will actually containt the "2600" text string).

I don't see why you wouldn't just start a 7800 list, there will undoubtedly be subscriber overlap but that's not a bad thing....

Chris...