Re: [stella] MARIA - calling all 7800 programmers

Subject: Re: [stella] MARIA - calling all 7800 programmers
From: Frank Palazzolo <palazzol@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 08:35:58 -0400
> The disadvantage of Yahoo Groups is that I don't think it handles
> archiving content the same way, though I may be mistaken.

Yes, indeed.

I got worried about this a couple months ago.  I'm using a Perl
script I found (yahoo2mbox) to suck out all the content via the web
and back it up in standard mbox format.  I'm also doing this for the
"ballyalley" group which is dedicated to the Bally Astrocade.

Of course, the script needs to keep up with the site changes at
Yahoo, but it has been actively maintained so far:

http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~zeitlin/yahoo2mbox.html

-Frank