Re: Aw: Aw: Re: [stella] Fwd: Star Fire Release Candidate #04

Subject: Re: Aw: Aw: Re: [stella] Fwd: Star Fire Release Candidate #04
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:18:35 +0200
Hi there!

> I just played again, and this time I saw them all. :-)

Hm...

> Maybe your random number generator has a little flaw?

Hehe. Here's the one I'm using, I think it was *you* who
wrote the comment ;-)

NextRandom SUBROUTINE
; quite good pseudo random generator:
       LDA    Random
       BNE    .skipInit
       LDA    #$FF
.skipInit:
       ASL
       ASL
       ASL
       EOR    Random
       ASL
       ROL    Random
       RTS

> BTW: What is a "Slave I"???

It's the name of the ship. You could see it best in
Episode II I think. First Jango Fett owned it, then Boba
Fett and - I'm not quite sure here - the current owner
might be another Bounty Hunter called Bossk. Or was it
destroyed? It's been a while since I read the "Bounty
Hunter Wars" trilogy...

When I'm playing Star Fire I'm pretending that I'm Boba
Fett chasing Bosk, with half of the Empire in the way...
;-)

> Is that number also generated while the title screen
> is displayed?

No. But the value is kept, it's one of the "global
variables" which are reserved in both banks.

> Else the first game would always start the same (no
> big deal though).

That is true. But the further randomization depends very
much on your own actions. To get the same game two
times, you'd need to repeat all your actions with single
frame precission, which no human is able to.

> Only two minor suggestions this time:
> - At the end of the game you are going back to the
> title screen and your score is displayed. But the wave
> is the one you started at and I would like to know how
> far I got. So this is a bit confusing. Maybe you could
> display both waves numbers? (e.g. switching the number
> every second)

This is getting confusing I think. What if you press
select or Joystick left/right then?

Hm...

I could display the final wave after Game Over
permanent.

Yet, when the user now starts the game, I'd start him in
the last user selected starting wave.

When reset or joystick left/right is triggered, I could
display the new selected wave.

>- maybe one additional shield at the start of each wave

Ok.

Greetings,
	Manuel