[stella] Java Sprite Editor Update

Subject: [stella] Java Sprite Editor Update
From: Aaron Bergstrom <aaron.bergstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:13:12 -0500
Just sending out an update on the sprite editor in my java CGDK application.

I'm to the point now where I've got a handle on scaling the editing canvas. I've also successfully ran an export of sprite data, but I haven't yet written the algorithm for handing the export data over to the text editor in an orderly manner. I've also rewritten the 2600 color chooser and broken it out into a seperate window. It now supports NTSC, PAL, and SECAM colors with a eye dropper selection tool.

The following urls are screenshots showing the ability to zoom out so you can better see the sprite you're editing. You can view it at levels of 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 or 3200%. The sprite editor will also allow you to edit/design sprites larger than 8 pixels wide, and it already imports GIF's and JPEG's.

The three screenshots below also show the 3 versions of the color chooser. The color chooser is based on Glen's color charts found at "http://www.neonghost.com/the-dig/utils/clrchart.html";. The color chooser takes direct pixel readings from screenshots of this page.

http://myweb.cableone.net/bergstrom/graphics/july/july-100.png
http://myweb.cableone.net/bergstrom/graphics/july/july-400.png
http://myweb.cableone.net/bergstrom/graphics/july/july-3200.png