Re: [stella] Brainstorming: Porting Smithereens/Catapult/Stone Sling

Subject: Re: [stella] Brainstorming: Porting Smithereens/Catapult/Stone Sling
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:06:51 +0200
Manuel wrote:
> Basically I think this'd work for the stationary part,
> though I fear it'd be monochrome.

You could use the "score mode" here.

> You have 4 GRPX reads
> and writes, Plus 2 * (NUSIZX + HMMX) reads and writes,
> which'd be close to a 6-char scannline I assume.

How about updating NUSIZX and HMMX every second line.

> A essential part of the gameplay would not work with the
> stationary solution though:

Yup, that's a problem.

> Or doing the castles with the PF as Rob suggested.

Yes, probably the best idea.

Let's see:
- 3 reads and writes to PF1 (~19)
- 2 reads and writes to GRPx (~16)
- 2 reads and writes to HMMX, NUSIZx (~32)
- 1 write to HMOVE (3)
- minimal loop overhead (5)
= total: 75 cycles

Hm, the ball is still missing and then you might want different colors.
I assume a 2LK kernel is a better idea.

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

ComputerBild 15-03 bestaetigt: Den besten Spam-Schutz gibt es bei
WEB.DE FreeMail - Deutschlands beste E-Mail - http://s.web.de/?mc=021121